We began preliminary placement this week.
- If we sent you an email regarding a new incoming student –
- please respond to your email right away.
- If you were not contacted, please know that we will continue to place students right up until the arrival day.
- Winter quarter is one of our smallest quarter for incoming students. We are trying to be fare with placements but there will not be enough new students for each host family.
- We appreciate your patience with our placement.
Vacation policy: ‘Tis the time of year when we are all thinking about a vacation. Me – I am thinking about warm water and sandy beaches……. Here are a few reminders to take into consideration if your student chooses to go on a vacation over Winter break.
- Finals are over December 14th.
- Winter quarter begins January 3rd.
- Remember the student always pays on their anniversary date – if they normally pay on the 20th they will continue to pay on the 20th. If they are leaving on the 15th, have them pay prior to leaving and then they will not pay again until January 20th.
- If a student is gone less than 2 weeks, nothing changes, they will pay their shared living expense in full. We suggest having the student pay prior to leaving.
- If your student is gone for 2 weeks or more, they will pay you half of the shared living expense for that month.
For more information on vacations and some examples of scenarios, please read your host family manual. If you don’t know where your host family manual is, go to the host post link, look at the top of the page and you will see many tabs to choose from. One of those tabs is the Host Family Manual.
- If your student is part of the 16 year old program – their information is on page 24.
- If your student is 17 or older – their information is on page 17.