Greetings from the Housing Team,
- We have begun to send out new students packets.
- If you have a new student arriving for Fall quarter – please be watching your mail.
- We are waiting on arrival information.
- If your new student has contacted you with their arrival information – please send it to Housing so we can verify we have it also.
- Monday is a holiday –
- There may be a slight delay in the arrival of your deposit checks. We are currently working to get them out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- The Puyallup Fair begins today!
- September 1st – 24th.
- Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesday September 6th
Enjoy this holiday weekend, stay safe and cool.
It’s time to experience Elephant Ears!
The Solar Eclipse! Hopefully everyone was able to view some of the eclipse. There were so many great pictures, I thought I would share this one of Jude!
Did you see the eclipse shadows coming through the trees?
Placement is still happening. Thank you for your patience and quick response to emails.
Next week we will begin sending placement packets with the new student information. Please watch your mailbox.
The next prospective host family orientation will be until October 5th. If you would like to go over the 16 year old information or you know of someone who is interested in hosting feel free to contact Housing and we will do our best to set up a one on one meeting for you.
What are you doing for break? Anything fun and interesting you would like to share? Photo’s of your family and students?
Have a wonderful weekend!
Greetings to all our amazing Host families!
Can you believe our new Fall quarter students arrive in less than 4 weeks! The Housing team is busy with placement. If you have not been notified regarding a new student, don’t worry placements will be continuing next week also. It is our goal to place at least one student with all of you who have rooms available.
What is your preference in hosting? Do you prefer females only? Would you consider hosting a male? Please be aware that we have twice as many female bed openings compared to male and if you are willing to host a male student – your chances for a new student just got higher! If you are interested in hosting males please contact Emilee.
Please stay in communication with the Housing team. We would be happy to discuss any questions or concerns you may have. Do you have any suggestions for other hosts? Any fun ideas you would like to share?
The Solar Eclipse is this weekend! Hopefully the sky will be clear and we will all get to witness this amazing sight! Have a fabulous weekend!
The Housing Team is looking forward to spending the day with all of you tomorrow. We know summers are busy, and some of you will not be able to join us (you will be missed) but we are looking forward to a fun day in the park with those who are able to attend.
- Lea Hill Park at 1:00pm
- 31693 124th Ave SE (right next to the new GRC Trades Buildings)
- Your lunch is provided!
- Bring a lawn chair
- It will be HOT, come prepared with a hat & sun screen
Housing has been busy all week updating the Availability list for Fall quarter. If you have not already replied to the availability email, please do so or you will not be added to the Fall quarter list.
Preliminary placement for incoming Fall students will begin on Monday. Official arrival day is September 12th and 13th.
Stay cool this evening and we will see you tomorrow.
The Housing Team
7 weeks out until Fall arrival!
- You should have received the Fall Availability email yesterday. Please respond by August 2nd. You must respond to the email if you want to be added to the Fall availability list. Even if you have told us previously that you will be available – please respond to the email.
- If you want to host 16 year old students for Fall quarter, and you have NOT attended an orientation – you have 3 more opportunities to attend one.
- Tonight – 6:30p in IVC room 101
- August 3rd and 17th – 6:30p in IVC room 101
- Do you know anyone who may be interested in hosting GRC IP students? If so, please have them attend one of the orientation meetings listed above.
Thank you to all of you who have already RSVP’d for our Annual Host Family Picnic! If you haven’t yet rsvp’d, please do so soon. The picnic is Saturday, August 5th at 1p at Lea Hill park, right close to GRC.
Housing will be at Kent campus on Tuesday, August 1st. Please let your students know we will be there to assit them with any housing questions. 12:55-1:45p
Upcoming Events for you and your students:
- Mount Rainier – Longmire, Paradise and Narada Falls – Tomorrow, July 28th,
- Ocean City Beach Camping – Friday, August 4th
- Wild Waves – Friday, August 11th
- Mount Saint Helens Volcano Visit and Hiking – Friday August 18th
- Olympic National Park Camping – Friday, August 25th
- sign up online at greenriver.edu/campus-life
Have a wonderful weekend
Fair Season is here!
- King County Fair in Enumclaw: this weekend
- Monroe County Fair:
- Washington State Fair:
- September 1st-24th (closed Tuesdays and Sept 6th)
Fun in the park:
- Kent Cornucopia Days: this weekend
- Renton River Days:
A reminder of GRC Summer Hours of Operation:
- GRC Auburn Campus Offices M-Th, 8a-5p
- GRC Kent Campus Offices M-Th, 7:30a-5p
- IP Office/Housing Office Hours: M-Th, 9a-5p
Barbequing with Xiwai – Short Term program
Have a wonderful weekend!