What is this new policy?
- Every host family will have a re-visit every two years.
What does this mean for you?
- You will be receiving a call from one of the housing team members to schedule an in-home appointment with you.
- This visit will take about 30 minutes of your time.
- We will take up-to-date photos of you and your home
- Update your transportation agreement
- Ensure background checks are within 5 years for everyone 18 years and older in your home
- Make sure all compliance documents are signed and updated
We look forward to visiting with all of you in the near future.
We are three weeks into fall quarter. By now I hope you and your students have settled into a routine and that all is going well.
We have updated our host family manual and it is chalked full of great information and resources for you and your students. Please take a moment to read the manual, if you still have questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
The Housing Team wants to celebrate you, our fantastic
Host Families & Greeters with a fun summer appreciation picnic!
You, your family & your students are invited!
Please click on the picture or click –>here<– to RSVP!
-Your IPEL Housing Team
Housing is very exited to introduce Jingzhu “Jude” Guo; our newest addition to our housing family!
Please read his bio below to learn more about him!
“Hello, 你好! My name is Jude Jingzhu Guo.
In 2011, I emigrated to the U.S. from China. I graduated from Green River College with an Associate Degree in 2013, then transferred to University of Washington, Tacoma and received my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science in 2016. Now, I am a part of the housing team at Green River College. In my free time, I enjoy spending time hiking with my family in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
I vividly recall how challenging it was for a non-native speaker to integrate into American college life. I can lend my own experience to international students trying to find their way through the maze of studying abroad. For the short-term program, I will make our students feel welcome and experience American culture. My goal for housing is to find the most appropriate house for our students and support our host families.”
Below is information regarding FFS for New Students:
Below is more information for Host Families explaining what FFS is:
Feel free to contact Housing@greenriver.edu if you have any questions or concerns!
-IPEL Housing Team
It’s time to get those swimsuits, BBQ grills & the sunblock out!!! Happy (almost) Summer!!
A couple of things before we get to the summer availability:
- Mark your calendar for the afternoon of August 6th, 2016 for a IP Host Family Reunion, we expect your presence, so we can introduce our new housing members!! More info to come in June.
- We’ll be assigning Summer quarter students next week, so we need you to reply back to this email by Thursday, May 5th.
- Arrival day for our long term students is June 14th, 2016
*** Please note that we do not have many long term students for Summer Quarter. You might want to consider a short term program student! We have 5 short term programs for Summer Quarter this year (about 4-6 weeks)!! Remember STP’s require a little more from you; in that the students are to be dropped off/picked up daily. We ask that you spend a little extra time hanging out & touring around with these students since they will only be here a couple of weeks. With that said, you are compensated a bit more than a long term student!***
Please copy & paste the following information. Fill it out & email it back to us. Even if you have the same students from last quarter staying with you & there are no changes
PLEASE FILL OUT THE AVAILABILITY. We need confirmation that you still have these students in your home every quarter.
- How many available long term openings do you have?
- When will you have these rooms available?
- Male or Female or Both?
- Would you like to be considered for Short Term Programs this Summer?
- Any home changes; kids, pets, family … any changes of who’s living in the home, or has your son/daughter turned 18?
- Students (include their Student ID number) currently living with you.
- Phone number or email changes?
Thank you again, for being such a wonderful host family! We greatly appreciate all that you do!
Your Housing Team,
Cyndi, Emilee, Theresa and Amber
Housing is very exited to introduce Theresa Torell; our newest addition to our housing family!
Please read her bio below to learn more about her!
“Hello, my name is Theresa Torell. I have been part of Green River College since 2010, both as a student and a full time employee. Going back to school as an adult opened my eyes to a whole new world – experiencing the wonderfully diverse community at Green River has been a true blessing.
Born and raised in Washington State, I look forward to sharing my experiences and knowledge with our International students. I will also have the honor of experiencing life through their eyes.
I am grateful to be part of the Housing team. My goal is to provide support, understanding and guidance to our students and Host families.”