Thank you for your interest in being a host family!!!
All new families are required to attend a Host Family orientation prior to being approved. The next orientations are on April 23rd & May 8th at 630pm in the IVC building, room 101. The IV-C building is located in the McIntyre International Village (IV) area of campus. Here is a link to our main campus map. The orientation is about an hour and a half long and full of information.
A couple of details to consider before orientation:
• There can be no one living in the home who is not a family member.
• Host families commit to only hosting Green River international students and may not have a homeshare or homestay outside our program.
• Students must be able to get from your front door to GRCC campus in less than 45 minutes, including all transfers, walking & wait time.
• Students choose homestay to build their English skills. English must be the primary language spoken in the home.
• Students must have their own private room.
• We run a background check on everyone in the home over the age of 18. This is a cost of $17 per person, which the family is responsible to pay.
After the application is complete and the background check is approved we will do an in home visit. At this time, we go over the host family manual and brush up on anything that may have been missed or confusing during orientation. We will take a photo of your house, the student’s room and a family photo. Depending on the time of year you are approved, you might get a student right away or might have to wait.
Thank you again for your interest. We hope to see you at orientation.