Greetings to all!
Hopefully everyone had a smooth first week of Spring quarter. The Housing office wasn’t too busy, which is a good sign that everyone is adjusting to new students, new host family’s and new schedules!
Please see the Life in the USA flyer below. This is a great opportunity for your new students to meet the Housing team. Plus they get lunch!
Also – another opportunity for students to converse in English is by attending the Campus Talk gatherings. These gatherings happen EVERY Tuesday and Friday from 11:30a-2:00p, in the Student Center, on the main campus. Snacks and beverages provided.
Please share this information to your students.
Life in the USA0001; Flyer Campus Talk Spring 2017
Have a wonderful weekend
Yes, they have arrived! Housing placed about 100 new students. There was a split of 50/50 students to Host Families and CCA.
- Orientation went well and 94 students attended CORE!
- Due to arrival times, some of you were unable to complete the greeting process of setting up banking and cell phones. Please continue to assist your new student with this process. Greeters – if you need assistance in contacting your student please let us know.
- Don’t forget to send in your Airport Greeter invoice. We can’t process your check without the invoice.
Classes begin on Monday, April 3rd.
- Please remind ALL students that tuition is due that day!
We currently have 59 families on our availability list. We know you would all like to have all of your rooms occupied by students – we are doing our best to place students in your home, matching their preferences with yours. Our goal is that all of you have at least one student. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to assign students.
Host Family Social
- Everyone should have received an Evite in your email and a postcard from Housing. We are hosting a required Host Family Social on April 24th from 6:30p – 8:30p. Please send in your RSVP. There will be a few big/good changes announced at this time and we are asking a representative from each family to attend.
Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for all you do for our International students.
Greetings from Housing !
Yes, believe it or not – official arrival day for our new Spring Quarter students is Monday! We have had a few arrive already but the majority will be arriving at the airport sometime on Monday.
If you have a new student arriving:
- Arrive to the airport on time.
- Go to Baggage Claim 1.
- Look for the Green River table and check in with Jude and Ron.
- Bring a welcome sign with your students name on it. This will help them locate you.
- We ask that you remember to patient. Our students don’t have any control over flights being on time or how quickly they get through customs. Remember you are their first Green River contact.
- Housing will be on call for any questions or concerns. 253-740-0874
Please check your Housing email and respond to our invite. Our upcoming meeting is required. There are a lot of good changes happening and we would like to discuss the changes with all Host Families at the same time.
Thank you for all you do to make our Housing program so successful!
Greetings – Happy St Patrick’s Day!
Next week is our last full week before our Spring quarter students arrive. Those of you with new incoming Spring students will be receiving your student packets the first part of the week. We do have a few students who have not sent us their flight arrival information. If you hear from your student and they give you their arrival information, please pass it on to Housing right away. Thank you
Thank you for all you do for your students, please continue to forward on your photo memories with your students.
Housing was busy this week placing all new incoming students for Spring quarter. Currently we have placed 49 with Host Families and 52 into CCA.
What are you doing this weekend? How about taking your family to the play “A Streetcar Named Desire”. This play is put on by GRC students and would be a wonderful way to spend either Friday or Saturday evening. Students are FREE with their student ID. Please see the flyer below.
Have a wonderful weekend!
As of today all new students requesting Host Families for Spring quarter, have been placed. With that said, please keep in mind that we may continue to get additional students until arrival day. Currently we have more available Host Families than we do incoming students. We are doing our best to be fare with placements – our goal is that all Host have at least one student in your home.
If your new students sends you an email introducing themselves, we encourage you to write back to them and begin to build a friendship. Tell them a bit about your family, things you like to do, maybe send them a photo so they know who to look for once they arrive to the airport.
Looking for something fun to do with your family? How about cooking lessons. Check out these Cultural Center activities. http://asiapacificculturalcenter.org/tasteofasia
Please continue to send us your photo’s and activity ideas. Look at the great fun this family is having.
Hopefully everyone survived the snow! I loved it, the blanket of white was so beautiful! We would love to see photo’s from your snow day!
Believe it or not, there is just over 6 weeks before our new Spring quarter students arrive!
- Please check your email for the “Spring availability“. You should have received it this week, if not please contact Housing right away. Everyone needs to reply by February 15th! Even if your house is full and there are no updates, please let us know.
- Also – some of you have been contacted regarding updating your background check. Background certifications are good for five years. All host family’s must have a current background check prior to receiving new students for Spring quarter. If you need assistance, please contact Housing. If you haven’t been notified by Housing, your background certification is up-to-date for now.
Free admission, family fun event for Saturday, February 11th from 11a – 6p