Yes, this was the last full week of classes. Students have classes as normal on Monday. (although I have heard a lot of students mentioning that they were finished this week. Some instructors have finished all instruction and students have this time to prepare for their finals.)
Monday, December 11th:
- There will be NO classes for Academic students
- YES there will be IEP classes. Levels 1-5 will all be taking their finals on the 11th & 12th. Their schedules may be varied a bit, but they all are aware of their changes. Ask them, hopefully they know.
- IEP’s last day for this quarter will be Tuesday, December 12th.
- Level 5 – these students also have Academic classes – they should know when their finals are. Most finals for Academic students are Tuesday – Thursday.
Student Safety – I transposed one of my sentences in my last safety post and it made the statement total wrong. Please note:
- When walking, if there are no sidewalks – always walk facing the traffic, so you can see what is coming at you. Don’t walk with your back to traffic.
more safety notes ->
- Students are still dressing in dark clothing and walking in the street. Please speak with them again, suggest reflectors, flashlights……
- IT IS VERY DARK OUT and our students are walking targets for a mugging.
- Please remind your students to walk with a buddy
- Call you for a ride
- Do you live within the Safety Shuttle route – please have your students ride the GRC Safety Shuttle in the evenings.
- If you have any questions on the shuttle, please contact Housing or go to the main Host Post page, look under resources. This is for both students and hosts.
It’s Graduation Time! Do you have a student who is in Level 5? If so, are they graduating to Academic classes? If so, please plan to attend the Graduation Ceremony on Thursday, December 14th from 12-1:30p, on the main Auburn campus, in the River Room located in the SU building. (even if your student isn’t graduating and you would like to attend, you are more than welcome to join us for the celebration!)
Next week we start the two week out count down to arrival! If we placed a new Winter quarter student in your home, we will be sending you the Welcome package soon. We like to send packages out once we have the students arrival information. Currently we have not received all arrival information. If you get a package without arrival information, please trust that we know and we will send it to you as soon as we have it. Do you have it??? Did your student send it to you??? If so, please forward it to us.
Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the beautiful winter weekend we are suppose to have.